Thursday, October 22, 2009

Question of the day 10/22

Just watching the game last night between the Phillies and the Dodgers made me think of how important home field advantage is. I noticed how completely silent it got in that stadium during all 3 Dodger homeruns and how absolutely "bazurk" it got when the Phillies did just about anything. It was almost depressing as someone rooting for the Dodgers because just the noise level alone and the crowd support seemed like it set the pace for the game and LA never had a shot. Anyway, on to the question of the day. Which sport has home field/court/arena/ice advantage that is most evident, and if there is one, which team in that sport has toughest place to play?

2 comments:

  1. Good question. First sport that comes to mind is the NBA. Its esp evident during the playoffs. The energy the players feed off of from the crowd is crazy. More so b/c the fans are so close to the action. However, once I think about it, I think College Football. Is there a sport where the fans are as passionate? I dont think so. Add that to the fact that there are sometimes over 100K people collectively cheering for their respective teams. As far as teams: NBA-Utah,Cleveland, LA, Denver. CFB-LSU,Florida, pretty much any SEC school

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to go with NCAA Basketball, I think the enclosed atmosphere of indoor arena's are more intimidating than outdoor venues. And I think Duke has to be one of the most intimidating facility with the students only getting tickets by lottery and standing and cheering the entire game.

    ReplyDelete